Library Elf is an Internet-based tool for keeping track of what’s due, overdue and ready for pickup. Users can keep track of one or more library accounts in one place and receive reminders (sometimes called pre-overdue or early notification). Reminders are sent when the user wants it — before items are due (up to seven days advance notice, weekly notice or everyday reminders). For families or anyone who’d like reminders before an item is due (user-selectable number of days notice).
The many advantages of using Library Elf:
- Do you want to reduce overdue fines?
- Do you want to track the materials that all of your family has checked out?
- Would you prefer a text message alerting you that a hold is available?
- Would you like an email reminder before an item becomes overdue?
Library Elf offers a myriad of services:
- Email and/or RSS alerts before items are due
- Email and/or RSS alerts on overdues and holds
- Consolidated lists of yours or your family’s library loans, overdues and holds
- An easy-to-use calendar view of when your material is due
- Cellphone text message alerts for holds
- Real-time checking via your browser
Kindly note that Library Elf is an independent website and is not affiliated with either The Mamaroneck Public Library or Westchester Library System. The Mamaroneck Public Library accepts no responsibility for any Library Elf failure to notify a borrower about items checked out, due dates, or holds. Library Elf will not replace our regular mail, email or phone notifications about overdue items and holds.
If you are interested, please go to Library Elf’s website and look around at its features and service. If you are interested in joining, click here and fill out the form. Do not be concerned about references to ‘Premium Services’ – Westchester Library System has already paid for your premium service.