Do you have a Mamaroneck library card? It’s so easy to apply for one.
The Library will be closed on Sunday, April 21, for Easter.
Need to access your account?
Search the new WLS catalog:
Fun Movies for Everyone!
Try one of our 2 weekly exercise classes:
Walking – Tuesdays @ 10:15am
QiGong – Thursdays @ 10:15am
Call the Reference Desk @ (914) 630 – 5888 for further details.
The regularly scheduled meetings are open to the public and take place on the fourth Wednesday of the month. Meetings are in the Community Room of the library. Occasionally, dates are changed when they fall close to a major holiday or present a unique scheduling conflict (e.g., the Board meeting of Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2019).
Note: The Board meeting on Wednesday, May 22 will be held in the Program Room, followed by dinner.
“WHAT IS AYURVEDIC MEDICINE: AND HOW DOES IT COMPARE WITH WESTERN (ALLOPATHIC) MEDICINE?”
Dr. Somesh N. Kaushik, Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Physician
Ayurveda is thought to be the world’s oldest healing system and is referred to as “mother of all sciences.” It encompasses life in its totality and epitomizes a true body-mind approach to health and wellness. Ayurveda defines health as a balance of body, mind, and spirit. Imbalance results in disharmony and illness can result.
Come and discover:
- How your own body constitution (dosha) influences your balance and harmony
- Ways to determine why and how you might be out of balance
- Simple things you can do to re-balance and achieve harmony in your life
- Surprising foods and practices that might not be right for you – and those that are
- How Ayurveda integrates with naturopathy and can be used with conventional medicine.