During this unprecedented health emergency, the safety of patrons and employees is our priority. We are working to stay on top of this evolving situation by following the guidelines issued by the CDC, the New York State Department of Health, and our County leadership. The current direction from health officials is that agencies such as ours close to the public to ensure social distancing, and that 100% of our employees work from home.
To this end, the Mamaroneck Public Library District closed on Monday, March 16th. We will remain closed at least through mid-April, and possibly longer. We will reopen for service only when it is prudent to do so.
During the Library closure:
- No fines or fees will be charged on any materials while the Library is closed. Library cards due to expire will be extended during this period.
- Our book drop will remain open to accept returns. If you cannot return your materials, simply hold on to them until we reopen for business.
- All holds have been suspended and will resume when the Library reopens.
- All in-house programs and events have been cancelled. This includes any scheduled meetings being held in our meeting spaces.
- Our library building has undergone a thorough professional cleaning and disinfecting treatment during the closure. We are confident that our facilities will be ready for service when the crisis ends.
- Our staff will be updating this website and ensuring online services and databases will continue to be available 24/7 with your library card. Our abundant e-resources include digital magazines and newspapers, OverDrive ebooks & audiobooks, streaming services like Kanopy and Hoopla, and much more. Click the e-Resources menu option above for a current list of options.
Next Steps: We are monitoring this developing situation closely, staying up-to-date on information from local, state and federal health agencies. Please monitor this site, and sign up for our e-newsletter, for the latest library news.
For authoritative, current information on COVID-19, please look at these resources highlighted by the Westchester Library System.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and for helping to keep MPLD and the Mamaroneck community a healthy environment.
Ellen Freeman Edward Falcone
Library President Interim Director (MPLDdirector@wlsmail.org)
If you need a temporary Mamaroneck Library card to access our digital resources during this emergency, please send a brief email listing your: name/address/telephone/birthdate/email to:
Do you have a Mamaroneck library card? It’s so easy to apply for one.
Need to access your account?
Search the new WLS catalog:
“AARP Foundation Tax-Aide service has been suspended until further notice.”
AARP has cancelled all of their sponsored events through May 1. Therefore, our April 6 Defensive Driving class is cancelled.
Try one of our 2 weekly exercise classes:
Walking – Tuesdays @ 10:15am
QiGong – Thursdays @ 10:15am
Call the Reference Desk @ (914) 630 – 5888 for further details.
Teens: Ride, read, and reduce your Library fines.
Call Ellen @ (914) 630 – 5875 for details.
10:15 am Tai Chi at the Library
Tai Chi at the Library
Nov 15 @ 10:15 am – 11:00 am
Community Room Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese exercise that is often called a moving meditation. Improve your balance and mobility with slow, controlled movements. The class will follow along with Scott Cole’s Discover … Continue reading Tai Chi at the Library
10:30 am Ready, Set, Start
Ready, Set, Start
Nov 15 @ 10:30 am – 11:00 am
Program Room Listen to a Story – Create a yummy snack Make a unique Thanksgiving Headband – And enjoy some play time together. Pre-school ages 3 – 5 with parent/caregiver. Siblings welcome! Registration Preferred. Please call … Continue reading Ready, Set, Start
4:00 pm Reading Together