MAMARONECK LIBRARY BOOK DONATION GUIDELINES
We appreciate your donations of new and used books and DVD’s.
Donation drop-off days: Monday and Wednesday ONLY.
We will NOT be able to accept donations any other day of the week.
All donations will be brought into the study room on the main floor past the circulation desk.
Only ONE Trader Joe’s size bag per week will be accepted. No large garbage bags. The circulation staff has the right to refuse any donation that does not meet our criteria. Items left outside will be automatically discarded. This rule will be strictly enforced.
We are happy to provide a written receipt (upon request) that donations were received, but we are prohibited from appraising the monetary value per IRS tax law.
Please understand that at this time we must be very selective.
Acceptable items for donation:
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition for adults, teens and children.
- DVDs, CD audiobooks and music CD’s in good condition in their original containers.
Materials we cannot use:
- Technology, health, travel, finance or technical books over 2 years old
- Materials discarded from other libraries
- Computer software or manuals over 2 years old
- Exam and/or occupation prep guides over 3 years old
- Books that have been highlighted, written in, stained, pages/covers torn or missing; any sign of mold or insect damage will not be accepted
- Encyclopedias, condensed books (such as Reader’s Digest) and dictionaries
- College Textbooks over 3 years old
- Tape cassettes, VHS tapes, damaged CDs or DVDs