Welcome to the Children’s Room
(Serving Babies through sixth grade students, parents, teachers, and caregivers)
Planning a Visit to the Children’s Room @ the Mamaroneck Public Library
Here are a few guidelines to note when visiting The Children’s Room.
- Children two and up must wear a mask.
- Children (ages 11 and under) must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age and up.
- Patrons must maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others.
- Early Learning toys are not available currently as we continue to socially distance and keep the building clean and sanitized.
- Two computer stations are available and can be used for a limit of 30 minutes.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for patrons at the table by the door in the children’s room.
- Click here for children’s program information.
We invite you to visit and stay awhile in the bright, open, sunny space for children located on the second floor of the Library. A place for you and your child(ren) to Discover, Read, Create, Learn, and Play.
About Our Children’s Department
- Our Children’s Librarians hold a Master’s Degree in Library Science and are certified by the New York State Education Department
- The Children’s Department has been awarded four innovative program grants from the Westchester Library System.
- Our Children’s Librarians are trained in Every Child Ready to Read and Supercharged Story-time to promote Early Literacy skills for school readiness.
Children’s Online resources: