Thanks to generous patron donations we have a fine selection of bargain books and DVD’s for sale at our Book Sale room, located in the lower level of the Library. Stop by and browse the best deals in the Village!
Book Sale Prices
- Hardcover Books $1 each or 3 for $2.00
- Paperback Books .50
- All Children’s Books .50 or 3 for $1
- Art Books $3.00
- Coffee Table Books $2.00
- DVD’s/Audio Books $1.00
- Music CD’s .25
- Magazines FREE!
MAMARONECK LIBRARY BOOK DONATION GUIDELINES
We appreciate your donations of new and used books and DVD’s.
Donation drop-offs may be made any day we are open, during business hours
All donations should be brought to the side of the circulation desk.
We are happy to provide a written receipt (upon request) that donations were received, but we are prohibited from appraising the monetary value per IRS tax law.
Please understand that at this time we must be very selective.
Acceptable items for donation:
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition for adults, teens and children.
- DVDs, CD audiobooks and music CD’s in good condition in their original containers.
Materials we cannot use:
- Technology, health, travel, finance or technical books over 2 years old
- Materials discarded from other libraries
- Computer software or manuals over 2 years old
- Exam and/or occupation prep guides over 3 years old
- Books that have been highlighted, written in, stained, pages/covers torn or missing; any sign of mold or insect damage will not be accepted
- Encyclopedias, condensed books (such as Reader’s Digest) and dictionaries
- College Textbooks over 3 years old
- Tape cassettes, VHS tapes, damaged CDs or DVDs