Welcome to the Teen Room
The Teen Room at the Mamaroneck Library offers resources and programming for teens in grades 6-12. We offer a wide range of inclusive programming that encourages creative thinking, exploration and community building. Teens can read, collaborate, research and connect with their peers in a space specifically designed for them. During the school year, the Teen Room opens at 2pm on School Days.
The Teen Room offers
- Charging station for phones and tablets
- Free Wi-Fi, computer and printer access
- Books, movies, magazines, Playaways, and more
- Access to a collection of video and board games
- Volunteer opportunities
- Helpful staff to assist you in finding the resources you need
The Teen Library is now on Instagram! Follow us @mamklibteens See our daily posts about upcoming library events, programs, online summer games and contests just for TEENS! Don’t forget to share with all of your friends and family.
Teen Book Bundles
Not sure what to read next? Fill out this form and librarians will choose 3-5 books for you.
A librarian will email you with the titles for your approval and then the book bundles will be placed on hold using your library card.
If you don’t like what’s chosen or have read the titles already, let us know and we will give you other options before we place the holds.
You can pick them up on the holds shelf across from the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the Library.
We welcome teen volunteers especially in the summer months. At this time there are limited volunteer opportunities please call Terry Numa, Head of Youth Services at 914 630 5894 for further information.
One-on-One College Counseling via Zoom
Have questions about the college process? Whether you are at the beginning, middle, or end stages, we want to help. Sign up for a one-on-one appointment with
college coach Amy Gonzalez. Services include but are not limited to:
- Making a College List/Applying for College
- Brainstorming for Writing a College Essay
- Filling out FAFSA/CSS Profile
- Understanding Financial Aid Award
- Scholarship Search
- Post applications support will include guidance on interview preparation, deferrals, waitlists, and your final college selection
Together, Amy can help you come up with a completely customizable plan that works best for you and your family. Appointments can be made by emailing [email protected]
Meeting are available in English and Spanish.