The Mamaroneck Public Library, where people and ideas meet to change lives.
The Mamaroneck Public Library, at the heart of our community, promotes community engagement, and connects people with ideas and each other to make Mamaroneck a better place to live.
Our Core Values
The Mamaroneck Public Library staff and Trustees embrace the following values as we deliver service to the community:
- We treat every person with respect and joy at having them visit the library
- We offer a fulfilling library experience for everyone in our diverse community with a combination of a welcoming facility, accessible resources, and friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- We provide a variety of programs to meet the needs and interests of our entire community.
- We invest in our staff so they can learn and grow in their positions.
- We offer access to the latest technology, software, and training so everyone can participate in our digital society.
- We foster literacy, learning, and community engagement to support active civic engagement.
- We are thoughtful stewards of public resources.
Handbook for Library Trustees 2023
Handbook for Library Trustees of NY State